Past Parish Council Reports for Barnack, Bainton and Ufford

Parish Council Reports Aug 2016

News from Ufford Parish Council:

The council met on 12th July with business including:
•    Planning:
    Newport Farm barn conversion – several residents attended to express concerns and the councillors submitted comments objecting to the plans to the planning department.
    North Lodge 4-bed house – comments were agreed and submitted
    Barncot House, dovecot conversion – comments supporting the plans were submitted
    Compass Barn, skateboard ramp – it was noted that an enforcement notice had been issued recently by Peterborough, requiring the dismantling of the ramp.
    Peterborough Local Plan – a potential threat to village envelopes was discussed.
•    Playground equipment project – a site visit was held with the equipment suppliers at the end of June and plans were progressing.
•    Several village maintenance issues had been chased up but with no response to date from Peterborough Highways or Gigaclear.  The Clerk and Chairman will continue to chase.
Councillors will next meet in August to begin budget planning for 2017/18.  Any residents with project ideas they would like to have considered should approach any of the parish councillors or the Clerk before the end of July. 
Full minutes of meetings and councillor contact details can be found on village notice boards and the website www.uffordparishcouncil.org.uk or by contacting the Parish Clerk at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The next council meeting will be held at Ufford Village Hall on Tuesday 13th September at 7.30pm and residents are encouraged to attend.

News from Bainton & Ashton Parish Council

The council met on 5 July, with a meeting again dominated by highways maintenance issues.
Overgrowth on Barnack Road footpath – a response from the landowner suggests that this won’t be dealt with any time soon and the council has asked Peterborough Highways to treat the matter with urgency. Residents are invited to help the parish council get this done, by contacting Peterborough City Council direct.
Flytipping – The entrance to Castle Field on Ufford Road has been targeted twice in as many weeks.  The incidents have been dealt with promptly and Peterborough City Council hopes to prosecute offenders.
Line marking – surface dressing and white lining on Tallington Road has been completed and councillors noted that a resident had approached Peterborough requesting yellow lines at the entrance to Beever Way.  In response to residents’ comments councillors agreed to request reinstatement of faded road surface signage, also the installation of reflectors on the bridges along Tallington Road.
Defibrillator training – after the very successful training session, the parish council offered to host a second seminar for residents who couldn’t attend in May.   To date, no requests have been received for another date and any residents interested should contact the Clerk as soon as possible.  The seminar will only be held if there is enough demand.
The next consultation period of Peterborough’s Local Plan, covering development of the city to 2030, opens in September.  This will impact on local villages and residents are reminded to comment on the proposals once published.
Councillors will ‘walk the parish’ later in July to meet villagers and identify current issues.  They will next meet in August to discuss possible projects for 2017/18 – please speak to any councillor if you have a project you’d like to have considered.
Minutes of each meeting and councillor details can be found on village notice boards and will appear soon on the village website www.baintonandashtonlocalcouncil.org.uk.  Contact the Clerk by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .  The next public meeting of the Parish Council will be held in Bainton Reading Room on Tuesday 6th September 2016 at 7.30pm.  Residents are encouraged to attend.

Summary Minutes of Barnack Parish Council’s Meeting held on Monday 11th July 2016.

Home From Home Out Of School Club
The Chair of HfH presented to the PC and asked for assistance with funding to improve the environment of the setting. The porta-cabin is dated and scraped through the latest Health & Safety test.  The service is used by over 100 children, at one time or another, which is over half the school.  The PC are keen to support the setting and have asked to look at the accounts.
The PC will support open communication between the school governors and HfH and help look into longer-term fundraising for a replacement building.
Open Forum
•    Overhanging trees on Millstone Lane footpath. The PC will look and see what work needs to be done.
•    Potholes on Pudding Bag Lane need reporting.
•    Will the PC look into installing a bus shelter by the Cemetery? The PC agreed to look into this.
•    Noise from multi sports court at school on Sunday – the Working Group will discuss this at the next meeting.
Outstanding Items
•    A1 dangerous junction at Barnack Drift – Highways are not going to widen the slip road at this time, but will be improving signage.
•    Canon Drive, traffic signage – Peter Tebb has assured us work will be carried out this week.
•    School grounds Governance – A meeting has been scheduled for 20th July.
•    Chapel Lane/Glebe Woodland – We have had an encouraging show of support for the plans to improve safety.  The next step is to set up a meeting with the land owner.
•    Footpaths/Verges – A meeting with Amey is being scheduled to look at these.
Correspondence
•    Ruts on Station Road caused by Giglaclear roadworks – These have been reported to PCC.
•    King Street Lolham Order – The new no entry signs are in place and much clearer.  It is now officially one-way.
•    Post Office confirming suspension of service from 2nd August – The PO are still keen to support the Parish with sourcing a mobile service. 
•    Wothorpe Residents Association - who owns the gateway on the access to Ermine Street? The PC suggest it may fall under the Preservation Trust, but will look into it.
•    Village Tribune 100th Issue – The PC would encourage any local businesses to contact the Tribune and advertise in their bumper 100th issue.
Planning
•    16/00388/HHFUL, Sandall House, Demolish existing rear extension and new two-storey extension. Permitted.
•    16/01184/CTR, Tree Works, Chapel Cottage. No objections if the Tree Officer is in support of the work being carried out.
•    16/01272/CTR, Holly Tree – Pollard, Aberfoyle. No objections if the Tree Officer is in support of the work being carried out.
•    16/01256/OUT, New three bed detached house in rear garden, 34 Uffington Road. No objections, but query access to property.
•    15/01840/OUT, Land to west of Uffington Road. Gladman Appeal – Margaret Palmer has been updated by Amanda McSherry and Gemma Wildman.  Gladman are definitely appealing and PCC have made representations to the Government Inspector to go in front of a Local Enquiry rather than a Public Enquiry.  This will be up to the Inspector, so we have to wait and see.  A full Public Enquiry could take up to a year.   Amanda has said that she will keep the PC in the loop, and that we will be able to have a say at the appeal, either in person or in writing.
Reports
•    Hills & Holes Committee – 7 gloworms were spotted on the 2nd July. 
•    Traffic Calming – Harry Brassey will report the Open Day feedback to the Working Group so that they can plan next steps.  Phil Broughton has joined the Group.
•    Police – Olympic ticket fraud. Please buy tickets from www.rio2016.com only.
Rural Crime Update – Increase in shed burglaries. Fake letter boxes are being used in an attempt to harvest mail. Gates have been stolen at Summerhouse Corner.  Two cars were broken into on Sunday (10th) at Little Northfields – sat navs were targeted. Please be vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour to the police by telephoning 101.
Other Items
•    Shop & ATM machine – The Parish Council have not had a response yet from Cross Keys regarding an ATM.  They will continue to look into a mobile PO service.  If anyone is interested in a paper round in the village, please let the Clerk know as soon as possible.  There is a newsagent wanting to take on newspaper deliveries, but paper girls and boys are needed.
•    Post Box & Telephone Box -  It was agreed that the Post Box will be best placed at the bottom of Chapel Lane, and the Telephone Box on the plinth near The Limes
Open Forum
There is concern from residents that 200 houses are proposed on the other side of Chapel Lane.  Margaret explained the process of the Draft Local Plan - part of this process is a public consultation where PCC ask everyone (landowners, developers etc) to put forward their plans.  PCC then consider if the proposals may be acceptable in their outline form.  In the Autumn, at the next stage, the Parish Council will see if PCC has said that it is a possibility.  Once the Parish Council know if the site is still in the Plan, they can act.
The footpath to Bainton is extremely dangerous and impassable in places due to overgrown vegetation.  The Parish Council will write to Bainton Parish Council.
The Parish Council would like to thank Willy Aldwinckle for lighting the beacon for the Village Day in June.
Date and Time of Next Meeting –
Monday 8 August 2016 to commence at 7.00pm.
Read the full minutes at www.barnackparishcouncil.org or by visiting the noticeboards located outside the Post Office, Village Hall, Pilsgate Bus Stop and The Limes.  Alternatively, contact the Clerk on 07595 377236 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.