Past Parish Council Reports for Barnack, Bainton and Ufford

Parish Council Reports April 2017

Barnack Parish Council met on 13th March.

To read the full Minutes, please visit www.barnackparishcouncil.org, view them on the village noticeboards or contact the Clerk via This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Items discussed included:
Planning
17/00215/OUT, 34 Uffington Road – New three bed detached house in garden - No objection.
16/02390/WCPP, Variation of Condition 7 (approved plans – garage) of planning permission ref 15/01153/FUL, Pasque Lodge, Wittering Road - Awaiting Decision.
15/01840/OUT, Land to west of Uffington Road. Gladman Appeal - Awaiting Decision.
Planning Applications Listing in Tribune - It was noted that in the Tribune the ‘Installation of a Caravan Ancillary to the agricultural use of the land at Land to the West of Uffington Road’ stated ‘permitted’.  The application was in fact ‘refused’.
Pilsgate Conservation Area Appraisal
PCC’s Conservation Officer gave an overview of the draft appraisal. Pilsgate residents will be consulted for their comments and the Conservation Officer will come back to the next PC meeting to advise on responses if required.  The Plan will then be taken to the Planning Committee for adoption. 
Footpaths, Verges & Road Signs
The footpath from Barnack to Bainton has been improved and the overgrowth cut back.  Road signs within Barnack and Pilsgate have been cleaned by a team of PC volunteers, with only a few left to do.     The Barnack sign on Uffington Road was damaged during recent storms and the road sign at the top of Wittering Road has been hit by a vehicle. PCC Highways have raised jobs for the repair work.
Traffic Calming
Meetings are due to be held this month with PCC Highways to discuss issues raised by the PC and Traffic Calming working group.  The verges at the entrances to the village will be measured in preparation for installing gateways.
Post Box and Telephone Box
Royal Mail are still due to carry out a second survey on the area outside the old shop. 
PCC will contact BT to request repairs to the Pilsgate phone box. 
Bus Shelters
PCC have confirmed that two bus shelters are on the capital programme of works for 2017/18.  The PC are awaiting a date for an engineer to carry out a site visit.
Litter
Likely due to Storm Doris, there is an increased amount of litter around the village.  Burghley staff recently carried out a litter pick around the Burghley estate, and plan to hold another event extending through Pilsgate and down to the War Memorial.  It was suggested that Barnack liaise with Burghley and organise a litter pick prior to the annual Fun Run. 
Fun Run
The annual Barnack School Fun Run will be held on Saturday 13th May. 
Lorries
There are a large number of heavy goods vehicles travelling through the village on roads with weight restrictions.  If you wish to report a vehicle, please email the Clerk with the name of the lorry, location and date so that the information can then be passed on to our rural Police contact.    
Gigaclear
If anyone has any outstanding concerns with their Gigaclear installation, please contact the Clerk.
Police
The local Police Community Support Officer will be holding a Police Surgery on 5th April at Helpston Post Office shop from 3.30pm.  Residents can meet the local PCSO and discuss any issues they may be having within the area. 

Annual Village Meeting - Barnack
The Annual Village Meeting will be held at 6.30pm on Monday 8th May in the Village Hall.  Come along for nibbles and a drink or two and discuss ideas for the coming year.  Local organisations are invited to come and report on their activities over the last year. 
The next Council Meeting will be held on Monday 10th April at 7.00pm.  All residents are welcome to attend.

Ufford Parish Council met on the 14th March 2017.

To read the full minutes, please visit www.uffordparishcouncil.org.uk, view them on the village noticeboards or contact the Clerk at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .  Items discussed included:
Planning
15/00307/ENFOTH Compass Barn – to note latest status of skateboard ramp enforcement notice appeal. Awaiting decision.
17/00293/LBC - Proposed formation of opening to link orangery restaurant and barn restaurant. Awaiting decision.
17/00207/HHFUL Ufford Hall - Two new ponds on front driveway and a new dog run to the side of property - part retrospective. Pending Heritage statement before the application can be validated.

Village maintenance:
Playing Field
RJC Countryside Management have done a very good job cutting back the boundary hedges.  They will be maintained every two to three years.
Gigaclear Reinstatement
UPC are looking into the sites flagged up by residents. 
Police and Crime
Crimes within Barnack Ward were theft – cash stolen from an elderly victim in Barnack and the theft of a motor vehicle from Station Road.
Our local Police Community Support Officer will be holding a Police Surgery for residents on 5th April at Helpston Post Office shop from 3.30pm.  Residents are invited to come along and discuss any issues they may be having within the area.

Annual Village Meeting
The Annual Village Meeting will be held on Tuesday 9th May from 6.30pm.  Residents are invited to come along for nibbles and a glass of wine, to share ideas for the year ahead and to hear from our local organisations.

Village Matters
The White Hart - UPC facilitated an EU Leader Fund Grant for the White Hart.
Rights of Way – UPC will look into the process of upgrading one or two footpaths to bridleways to better accommodate horses.  Currently most local footpaths are being used for horse-riding. 
Speed Limits
It was noted that Southorpe now have a 20mph enforced speed limit through the village.  UPC will canvass opinion from residents at the Annual Village Meeting.  In the meantime, the PC will look into the spacing between the village streetlights, as this will have a bearing on whether repeater signs can be installed in the village.  It was generally noted that the line markings need refreshing. 

The next Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday 11th April at 7.30pm.  All residents are welcome to attend.