Past Parish Council Reports for Barnack, Bainton and Ufford

Parish Council Reports June 2017

Southorpe Parish Council Meeting 8 May 2017

Five Councillors, the Clerk, Jim Daley PCC and Cllr David Over were present.
Jim Daley, Principal Built Environment Officer, outlined the procedures for the current Conservation Area review and provided a draft of the report for consideration; no amendments to the boundary are proposed. All residents will be advised by PCC of the review and the four-week consultation period in which they can make comments.
BT have advised that they will be removing the telephone from the village kiosk as no calls have been made in a twelve-month period. It was agreed that the Parish Council will adopt the kiosk and begin fund-raising to install a defibrillator. 
Renewal of CAPALC membership was due; in view of budget restraint and the relatively simple affairs of the Parish Council it was agreed that the Parish Council would not purchase membership for 2017-18.
The Clerk updated the meeting on the progress with the 20mph zone signage; the final speed repeaters and additional village entry signs should be in place in the next six weeks. The contract for renewal of the road speed markings has not though been completed by PCC, although the 30mph road markings have unfortunately been repainted during the recent road surface repair; the Parish Council have expressed their frustration at the delays to PCC.
The future of the annual picnic was discussed and it was agreed that it would be good to involve more residents in the planning and running of future events; any residents interested in helping should contact Edward Elwood; the picnic will be held in July.
Southorpe Annual Meeting and Parish Council AGM
The Southorpe Annual Meeting and AGM were also held on 8th May.  Nick Lodge was re-elected as Chairman and David Edwards as Responsible Financial Officer; Daphne Williams stood down as Clerk and a replacement is sought. The Chairman reviewed the Council’s activities during the last year including the squeeze on finances; a focus on traffic calming and the introduction of the 20mph speed limit; and successful village social activities including a picnic and bonfire party. 
The Financial Officer David Edwards presented the Financial Report and Edward Elwood outlined the activities of the Entertainment Committee. The Annual Governance Statement and the audited accounts were approved.  Carl Brown provided a report on behalf of the Road Safety Group.

Vacancy for a Clerk to Southorpe Parish Council

If you are interested in this position, please contact the outgoing Clerk, Daphne Williams, The Old Dairy Barn, 01780 740511 or at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.  The role requires attendance at four meetings a year, plus administrative support to the Parish Council; expenses are paid. All parish financial matters are dealt with by a separate Financial Officer. No previous experience in the role is required, and training and support are available.

The Barnack and Pilsgate Annual Village Meeting took place on Monday 8th May.

72 residents attended, including representatives of local organisations and six parish councillors. 
During the meeting, Ward Councillor David Over presented Margaret Palmer with a Civic Award for community involvement as she had been away for the official ceremony at the Town Hall.
The Villages’ local organisations reported on their activities over the last year and their plans for the coming year.  (For complete listings of all local organisations and contacts please view the Barnack & Pilsgate Directory via the website, or request a copy from the Clerk.)
Topics discussed during the Public Forum were: Gladman, Traffic Calming and Speeding.  Once the development land has been purchased, and the Parish Council are informed of plans, an Open Village meeting will be held.  PCC Highways are currently working with the Parish Council to implement a traffic calming scheme and Vehicle Activated Signs are due to be purchased this year.
The next Annual Village Meeting will be held on Monday 14th May 2018.
The full Minutes can be found on the noticeboards or at www.barnackparishcouncil.org.
The Annual Parish Council Meeting took place following on from the Annual Village Meeting.  Harry Brassey was re-elected as Chair and Margaret Palmer as Vice-Chair.
Items discussed included:
Pot holes – PCC Highways have been asked to inspect Uffington Road.  Pot holes on Walcot Road will be reported.
Post Box - the engineering department at Royal Mail have still not confirmed a date for the installation.
School Field Signs – PC will ask the school governors for an update as the signs need to be in place for the Summer.
Church Wall – the quote for works and method statement will be submitted to Josh Jackson to enable the Church to seek permission from the Archdeacon for the repair work to be carried out.
Bulk Waste Collection – all Village households will receive a flyer through their letterbox confirming date, venue and timings of the waste collection.
Litter Pick – the PC would like to thank the families that volunteered their time to help keep Barnack and Pilsgate clean and tidy.  A dozen large bags of rubbish were cleared from the villages.  It was suggested that this could become an annual event.
Planning:
17/00215/OUT 34 Uffington Road – New three bed detached house in garden – Permitted.
17/00431/CLP Caravan Ancillary on Land to the West of Uffington Road – Awaiting Decision.
17/00449/HHFUL 7 Allerton Close – Construction of extension – Awaiting Decision.
17/00639/HHFUL Everdon, Pudding Bag Lane – Side and front extension – No objections.
17/00605/HHFUL The Bungalow, Stamford Road – Ground floor rear extension – No objections.
17/00718/HHFUL 24 Orchard Road – Single storey rear extension – No objections.
To read the full Minutes, please visit www.barnackparishcouncil.org, view them on the Village noticeboards or contact the Clerk via This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 12th June at 7pm in the Village Hall.  Residents are invited to attend.
The Ufford Annual Village Meeting took place on Tuesday 9th May.
23 residents attended, including representatives of local organisations and four parish councillors.
During the meeting, there was a presentation from guest speakers Gillian Beasley, Chief Executive of Peterborough City Council and Cambridgeshire County Council, and Simon Machen Growth and Development Corporate Director.  Gillian and Simon explained the City Council’s priorities for the year ahead, along with the financial constraints and what devolution will mean to local parishes.
The next Annual Village Meeting will be held on Tuesday 8th May 2018.
The full Minutes can be found on the noticeboards or at www.uffordparishcouncil.org.uk.

The Ufford Annual Parish Council Meeting took place following on from the Annual Village Meeting. 

Keith Lievesley was re-elected as Chair.
Items discussed included:
Playing Field, Football Goal posts - UPC will look into repositioning the goal posts or purchasing five a side goal posts to prevent balls being kicked into neighbouring properties.
Footpaths – UPC will ask PCC to finish clearing the remainder of the leaves on Walcot Road and will look into organising a replacement stile for the entrance to the footpath opposite the Cricket Club.
Civic Award – Frieda Gosling was awarded a civic award for community involvement by the Mayor in a ceremony at Peterborough Town Hall last month.
Funding Opportunity – Peterborough CVS are able to offer a funding bid opportunity for any locally based individuals and small groups that are working, or would like to work, to meet the local needs of people in their neighbourhoods.  Contact Louise Porter This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.
Planning:
15/00307/ENFOTH Compass Barn – skateboard ramp enforcement appeal – Awaiting Decision.
17/00564/FUL Sherwood, Marholm Road – Demolition of existing bungalow with a new two storey dwelling – Awaiting Decision.
17/00056/HHFUL The Drift, Walcot Road – First floor extension – Awaiting Decision.
17/00461/HHFUL 1 Meadow View – Rear and side ground floor extensions – Comments were approved for submission.
17/00696/HHFUL Highlands – Construction of garage – Comments were approved for submission.
To read the full Minutes, please visit www.uffordparishcouncil.org.uk, view them on the Village noticeboards or contact the Clerk via This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .
The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 13th June at 7.30pm.